Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Course Payment and Refunds
- Student tuition fees must be paid in advance to an escrow account operated by Transfermate (formerly known as Pay-To-Study).
- If a student’s visa application is refused, he/she will receive a full refund of fees, less the administration fee of €150. Applications for a refund must be made in writing and need to be accompanied by both a copy of the rejection letter and a copy of their stamped passport. In the case of visa refusal, all refunds will be processed and returned to the student within a maximum of 20 working days of the decision being received by Patrick´s English Academy.
- If the original commencement date of an English course is delayed due to a visa problem, Patrick’s English Academy will change the date of commencement for the student. In such cases, students are required to provide a letter or email from the relevant authorities verifying the reasons for the delay.
- If a cancellation is received at least 14 days prior to the start date, the fees will be refunded less the non-refundable deposit of €150. If a cancellation is received within 7-13 days of the start date 50% of the course fees will be refunded. If a cancellation is received less than 7 days before the start date then no refund is given.
- If the student suffers illness or disability after enrollment has been confirmed a refund will be given. In such a case a doctor’s certificate will be required.
- Once students have used our course details to enter Ireland, classes must be attended and all course fees are non-refundable.
- Any refund request made after the commencement of the course must be made in writing an will only be considered if the student has a minimum attendance of 85%.
- In the unlikely event of Patrick’s English Academy being unable to provide a course for an enrolled student, ALL fees will be refunded in full for the weeks not attended. Alternatively, should the student require it, we will do our best to reserve you a place in an alternative school.
- For all other cases, tuition fees can only be refunded in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of Patrick’s English Academy.
- Refunds can take up to 20 working days to process.
End-of-Programme Exam Entry and Internal Exams.
- Non-EU students registered for courses over 12 weeks in length must register, pay for and sit an approved English-language examination on completion of their course. Patrick’s English Academy will assist students in booking and paying for these exams in the student’s preferred exam center. Exam fees are not included in the course prices. Exam fees vary between €180 and €220, depending on the exam the student chooses to sit. Students are encouraged to sit the Cambridge exams, but have the right to choose other official external exams like IELTS or TIE. This exam must be reserved and paid for no later than 8 weeks before the finish date of the course. The director, Patrick Mccarthy, will assist the student in reserving their exam. In Cork, there at least 2 exam centres where student can sit their official external exam.
- Before students begin the course, they must sign an agreement saying that will sit this exam.
- At the end of each week students will sit a progress test to monitor their progress. All results are recorded by your teacher and available to view on request.
- At Patrick’s English Academy, students can take holidays when they register for a minimum of 12 weeks.
- Non-EU students should schedule all holidays before they register with the GNIB.
- Students can take holidays only after a minimum of 8 weeks of study and if they have at least 80% attendance. The holiday period cannot be more than 1/3 of the total weeks already studied.
- For course bookings of 25 weeks or more, up to 8 weeks holiday time is permitted, but can not be more than 1/3 of the total weeks already studied each time.
- The maximum holiday time for students for courses from 12 to 24 weeks is 2 weeks.
- Holiday days are to be confirmed in writing on the start day of the course.
- Holidays cannot be taken in the middle of the week.
- To request or receive more information about holidays, students must email Patrick Mccarthy at email@example.com
- There will be no classes on Republic of Ireland public holidays and these classes cannot be transferred: 1 Jan, 17 Mar, 18 Mar, 15 Apr, 18 Apr, 2 May, 6 June, 1 Aug, 31 Oct, 25 & 26 Dec. The school will be closed for the Christmas period, 16 Dec 2022 – 9 January 2023.
All students from outside the European Economic Area must have evidence of medical insurance when arriving to Ireland & registering with Irish Immigration (INIS). Your insurance policy should cover medical costs in Irish hospitals and also medical repatriation back to their home country if necessary. It is the student’s responsibility to buy his/her own medical insurance. However, if a student needs assistance in choosing the right policy, Patrick’s English Academy will be happy to assist.
Students are required to attend class each day and attend the full timetable allocated to their course. Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service (INIS) must be informed when students are absent for long periods or if their attendance record is less than 85% at any time during their course. Teachers record attendance in class every morning at the beginning of the first and second classes. Any student who arrives 15 to 30 minutes late will be marked with ‘A’. They will be allowed to join the class but will not be credited with attendance for the first lesson of the session. Any student who arrives 30 or more minutes late will be marked with “A” (absent) for that class and will not be allowed to join the class until the next scheduled break.
Any student who presents a valid doctor’s note for a certified sick leave period will not have their attendance reduced for the period of the doctors certificate. On the first day of the sickness, students must contact the school by email to inform us of the illness and the expected duration of the absence. When the student returns, he/she must present the original doctors certificate to cover the full period of the absence. Any student who does not follow these these steps will be considered absent without certification, resulting in a reduced attendance record. Patrick’s English Academy cannot compensate for tuition time lost due to certified or uncertified sick leave absence.
Expulsion Policy with relation to attendance:
Students first receive a verbal warning, followed by a written warning issued within two weeks. If there is no improvement in attendance, a letter is issued to GNIB within 2 more weeks to inform them of the problem. Expulsion procedures will begin if a student’s attendance does not improve within the next 4 weeks and the student does not provide a valid explanation for the problems. For any questions about our attendance policy, students should speak to the director of studies or email Patrick Mccarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students’ complaints are dealt with total confidentiality. To make a formal complaint, students must complete our Student Complaint Form to make a complaint in writing. The Student Complaint Form can be requested from the director of studies or by emailing email@example.com. Any complaint received will be dealt with immediately and a resolution should be reached within 2 weeks of receipt of the complaint.
In the case of emergency, students should speak to the director of studies during college hours. Outside of college hours please contact Patrick Mccarthy directly on 0877146338 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patrick’s English Academy recommends that all non-EU students verify visa and Immigration requirements before booking their course (www.inis.gov.ie).