Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Course Payment and Refunds
- Student tuition fees must be paid in advance to an escrow account operated by Transfermate (formerly known as Pay-To-Study).
- Where a visa is refused on appeal, student’s will receive a full refund of fees, less the administration fee of €150. Application for a refund must be made in writing and need to be accompanied by both a copy of the rejection letter and a copy of their stamped passport.
- If the original commencement date of an English course is delayed due to a visa problem, Patrick’s English Academy will change the date of commencement for the student. In such cases, students are required to provide a letter or email from the relevant authorities verifying the reasons for the delay.
- If the student suffers illness or disability after enrollment has been confirmed a refund will be given. In such a case a doctor’s certificate will be required.
- Once students have used our course details to enter Ireland, classes must be attended and all course fees are non-refundable.
- Any refund request made after the commencement of the course must be made in writing an will only be considered if the student has a minimum attendance of 85%.
- In the unlikely event of Patrick’s English Academy being unable to provide a course for an enrolled student, ALL fees will be refunded in full for the weeks not attended. Alternatively, should the student require it, we will do our best to reserve you a place in an alternative school.
- For all other cases, tuition fees can only be refunded in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of Patrick’s English Academy.
End-of-Programme Exam Entry and Internal Exams.
- Non-EU students registered for courses over 12 weeks in length must register, pay for and sit an approved English-language examination on completion of their course. Patrick’s English Academy will assist students in booking and paying for these exams in the student’s preferred exam center. Exam fees are not included in the course prices. Exam fees vary between €180 and €220, depending on the exam the student chooses to sit.
- Before students begin the course, they must sign an agreement saying that will sit this exam.
- At the end of each week students will sit a progress test to monitor their progress. All results are recorded by your teacher and available to view on request.
- At Patrick’s English Academy, students can take holidays when they register for a minimum of 12 weeks.
- Non-EU students should schedule all holidays before they register with the GNIB.
- Students can take holidays only after a minimum of 8 weeks of study and if they have at least 80% attendance. The holiday period cannot be more than 1/3 of the total weeks already studied.
- For course bookings of 25 weeks or more, up to 8 weeks holiday time is permitted, but can not be more than 1/3 of the total weeks already studied each time.
- The maximum holiday time for students for courses from 12 to 24 weeks is 2 weeks.
- Students are obliged to inform the school of their holiday dates no later than two weeks before they plan to leave.
- Holidays cannot be taken in the middle of the week.
- To request or receive more information about holidays, students must email Patrick Mccarthy at email@example.com
All students from outside the European Economic Area must have evidence of medical insurance when arriving to Ireland & registering with Irish Immigration (INIS). Your insurance policy should cover medical costs in Irish hospitals and also medical repatriation back to their home country if necessary. It is the student’s responsibility to buy his/her own medical insurance. However, if a student needs assistance in choosing the right policy, Patrick’s English Academy will be happy to assist.
Students are required to attend class each day and attend the full timetable allocated to their course. Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service (INIS) must be informed when students are absent for a long periods or if their attendance record is less than 85% at any time during their course. Teachers record attendance in class every morning at the beginning of the first and second classes. Any student who arrives 15 to 30 minutes late will be marked with ‘L’. They will be allowed to join the class but will not be credited with attendance for the first lesson of the session. Any student who arrives 30 or more minutes late will be marked with “A” (absent) for the first 2 lessons of the session and will not be allowed to join the class until the next scheduled break.
Any student who presents a valid doctor’s note for a certified sick leave period will not have their attendance reduced for the period of the doctors certificate. On the first day of the sickness, students must contact the school by email to inform us of the illness and the expected duration of the absence. When the student returns, he/she must present the original doctors certificate to cover the full period of the absence. Any student who does not follow these these steps will be considered absent without certification, resulting in a reduced attendance record. Patrick’s English Academy cannot compensate for tuition time lost due to certified or uncertified sick leave absence.
Expulsion Policy with relation to attendance:
Students first receive a verbal warning, followed by a written warning issued within two weeks. If there is no improvement in attendance, a letter is issued to GNIB within 2 more weeks to inform them of the problem. Expulsion procedures will begin if a student’s attendance does not improve within the next 4 weeks and the student does not provide a valid explanation for the problems. For any questions about our attendance policy, students should speak to the director of studies or email Patrick Mccarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students’ complaints are dealt with in total confidentiality. If a student wishes to make a complaint about any issue big or small, please speak to the director of studies or email Patrick Mccarthy at email@example.com.
In the case of emergency, students should speak to the director of studies during college hours. Outside of college hours please contact Patrick Mccarthy directly on 0877146338 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patrick’s English Academy recommends that all non-EU students verify visa and Immigration requirements before booking their course (www.inis.gov.ie).